- Customer had multiple concerns regarding the health and reliability of their IT Infrastructure
- Rapid business expansion has outgrown the local managed service provider’s capabilities
- ging network infrastructure resulting in poor performance
- To manage future business growth, the customer plans to move from its legacy in-house ERP to a cloud-based ERP solution.
Since the customer has elected to deploy a new cloud-based ERP application, the solution design objective is to create a stable IT environment with a resilient network. Also critical is to ensure a return on investment from the capital investment and work e ort from this digital transformation. To determine the appropriate SD-WAN platform, Globalgig’s design and engineering team visited the company’s production facilities, data centers and corporate o ice to perform a series of interviews, network evaluations and IT assessment. While primarily focused on network health and performance, the Globalgig team uncovered additional areas of improvement and incorporated the recommendations into its solution design.
- Globalgig delivered an in-depth report that covered the current state IT network infrastructure as well as a risk assessment of existing infrastructure.
- Leveraging a network/application monitoring tool, Globalgig was able to obtain visibility and analytics data need to streamline the design process. From the data collected, the team recommended a path forward to remediate gaps and developed a business continuity strategy and roadmap.
- With agreement from the internal stake-holders, the Globalgig team moved ahead with the design and implementation of a Cisco Viptela SD-WAN solution.
- Globalgig’s SD-WAN solution incorporated lower cost dedicated internet access service while improving reliability with broadband and wireless connectivity for failover and path diversity.
- First phase of deployment integrated the SD-WAN solution into the existing managed service provider, the customer’s private cloud ERP vendor and Microsoft Azure.
- Globalgig then migrated the customer from incumbent MSP solution to Office365 and Azure services. Globalgig also deployed a hosted PBX service, providing noticeable improvement and cost savings over the customer’s legacy voice system.
- Globalgig was also engaged as the customer’s network aggregator, delivering both wired and wireless services.
- Optimized SD-WAN solution developed hand-in-hand with the company key stake-holders
- Resilient and redundant IT/network infrastructure critical to the delivery of cloud-based ERP solution
- Improved end-user’s application experience while reducing monthly expenditure
- Capability to deploy additional applications from resilient infrastructure, e.g., hosted PBX
Industry Food Manufacturing
Founded in 1986, this food manufacturer produces wholesome, nutritious and tasty breakfast products for some of the largest food brands in the U.S. such as General Mills and Kellogg’s. Since the business venture started, the success of the product has driven growth and expansion in distribution, additional brand names and co-manufacturing arrangements. The company added a major product category in 1994 and around the same time, completed the building of a new modern bakery. Today, the company has two major manufacturing facilities producing frozen breakfast pastry products that are distributed throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. The company’s manufacturing plants are SQF 2000 Level 2 Certified. Its Safe Qualify Food (SQF) Program is recognized by retailers and food service providers around the world that require rigorous and credible food safety management systems. The company is also recognized by the Global Food Safely Initiative (GFSI).Download PDF